What does this actually entail?
As a graduate (m/f/d) in the industrial business administration programme, you work in the management of core industrial areas such as supply chain management, logistics, marketing, sales, procurement, sourcing and production. You cover digital and international fields of activity and support different business areas from scheduling, finance and accounting to personnel management – usually with a specialisation in a particular specialist area.
What should I bring with me?
Prerequisite for a dual studies programme is an advanced technical school certificate or a high school leaving certificate. Good academic achievements in German, English, business and mathematics are just as important as personal initiative, structured working methods, resilience, teamwork and flexibility. Interest in business relationships should be a given for a business administration course.
What can I expect from you?
Your dual studies programme
In the industrial business administration course of study, you go through all the classic and important core commercial areas of our company, such as materials management/logistics, personnel management, scheduling, finance and accounting, order processing, marketing and sales.
After a four-week internship at JUNGHANS microtec, your theory and practical phases alternate between university and business. Through your daily operational involvement in the practical phase, you gain in-depth and comprehensive insights into business processes and especially business management topics. You are involved in day-to-day business from the outset and experience what it means to act commercially.
Within the scope of special projects, project work and your bachelor thesis, you take on projects with specific problems in which you contribute your ideas to solving the problem.
And what do I get from this?
Your career perspectives
The close connection between the theory and practical phases, which are aligned with each other through framework plans, means that the dual studies programme forms the perfect basis for your future career. The industrial business administration course offers graduates a variety of opportunities in all commercial areas of an industrial operation, which is what we are. By choosing your focus as part of the course of study, you have the opportunity to advance to higher management with various training opportunities and to take on positions as a Managing Director or Divisional Director later on.
Dual studies in industrial business administration – Bachelor of Arts (DH) at a glance:
Duration and sequence:
- The course takes place in cooperation with the DHBW in Schwenningen
- DYour course begins on 1 September with a four-week pre-study internship at JUNGHANS microtec; from 1 October you will then be at DHBW
- Theoretical and practical phases alternate between the university and the company in blocks
- The course lasts three years or six study semesters
- During the course, various company-internal problems are dealt with as part of your project work and bachelor thesis
- Advanced technical school certificate or secondary school leaving certificate
- Great interest in business relationships
- Good academic achievements in German, English, business and mathematics
- Structured working methods and personal initiative
- Resilience, flexibility and teamwork
Post-education career perspectives:
- Deployment in all commercial areas
- Diverse training opportunities
- Attractive promotion opportunities